Monday, September 12, 2011

football and ice cream are good

,
Thanks for telling me what you love. I enjoyed it.

But you know what? I know there are more of you out there that aren't commenting... Creepers.

Ya know what else I love besides all the things I listed in my last post? My Jayhawks.

But mostly I just love going to KU games with my bestie.

When we got married 2 whole whopping years ago we got a lot of great marriage counseling. At some point along the way we learned that it would be important for us to find things that we both enjoyed and to foster those interests. And remember when we talked about spending our time on things that we value? Well that's true of our monies too folks. So when hubs decided to buy season tickets to KU football this year I swallowed the price tag and committed to it. Because we both love our second home in Lawrence. Sometimes we cry during the Alma Mater. Did I say we? I mean me. I mean I. Whatever...

What I'm getting at here, besides the fact that the game was stinkin ah-may-zing, besides the fact that the girl behind me asked how to do the fight song clap, besides the fact that it was a very long day, besides the fact that I have no idea what a first down is... what I'm getting at is that it is super-uber-important to join the people you love in doing the things that you both love.

So we watched our Jayhawks play football and shared in a celebratory late night trip to Sheridan's. And it was fun.

1 comments:

  1. it IS super-uber-important to join the people you love in doing the things that you both love. well put sister.

    rock chalk

    ReplyDelete