Thursday, July 5, 2012

Montana- Days 1 and 2

,
Day 1- Whitewater Rafting

Monday morning we took it easy around the lodge. After all, we had not made it to bed until 2am mountain time the night before. So we enjoyed muffins, couches, and the views of the mountains. Then we geared up and went rafting. I hadn't been in probably 10 years or more so I was very antsy to get back on the river. The rapids weren't very strong at all (level 3) and we were in a group with 5 other [loud] boats so we didn't stand a chance at seeing any wildlife. Still, we all had a lot of fun. The photos sold by the company were over $100 and since none of us had waterproof cameras we have no documentation of the trip. Womp womp. That night we headed to town for a pig roast. The pork was 75% fat so no one ate much, but it was a fun atmosphere with live music and locals.

 

Day 2- The Hike

Tuesday morning we went on a grou hike. The trail was only 2 hours round-trip. So naturally it took us closer to 5 hours. We were hungry and sunburnt, but had a blast. One of the guys had a tripod so he has all the group shots. I'll have to post those later. For now, enjoy these. They are completely untouched (since I'm too tired)

All 13 of us.
 
The wildflowers in the hills were beautiful.

Stopping to enjoy the view
 
In the meadows we looked like the VonTrapp family crossing the alps. So I kept singing all the associated songs of course.

 
In the wooded parts we joked about running into R.O.U.S's. Name that movie.

Ill tell you about day 3 later. Today is day 4 and I have a head cold or something so this has been enough computer time for me. Over and out.

1 comments: