Tuesday, October 2, 2012

treat yo self... and my dog

,
My birthday was last week. I had a treat-yo-self day. 
Never experienced treat yo self?

I stopped at Starbucks to get a latte. 

Thanks, Starbucks card, for my free birthday drink.
Treat yo self fail.

I went to get my nails done over lunch and invited my sister. 
She paid for mine. 
Treat yo self fail.

I was about to go pick up some cookies from the Plaza 
when I got a call that my cousin had delivered 
cupcakes and flowers 
to my office. 

First flowers delivered at work and 
not one, but two cupcakes from Cupcake a la Mode. 
Treat yo self fail again.

So I gave up on treat yo self day. 
And enjoyed wonderful family treating my-self. 
My sister make me and all the family 
butternut squash casserole with kale and gnocci
pan seared scallops
and served us  all chantilly cake.  

And the whole fam chipped in to get me a nice camera.
Hooray!

Mack got to be my model on Saturday while hubs went for 
a two hour long run. 
Yes. I said two hours. 

Anyway, these shots are straight out o' the camera. 
Smiiiille Mack-a-doodle!




4 comments:

  1. those pictures are good! is that all the camera or do you have some new fancy skills??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the camera mostly. I tried not to use automatic, but nothing fancy from me.

    ReplyDelete