Thursday, November 14, 2013

Meet Mary

,
Oh hey there, blog. I haven't seen you in a while. I like your new style. 

What have I been up to? Oh, ya know. 

I wasn't really one for doing consistent, posed photos, 
but we still managed to capture the whole process pretty well I think. 

On November 5th Mary Elizabeth arrived
8lbs 1oz - 21 inches long

On her due date. 
All on her own, mind you. I didn't even schedule it! 
Once the process started, it took a long time.
(Long is all relative when it comes to labor, but I'm calling 20 hours long.) 
Mary's head got the brunt of it, with plenty of bruising and a few blisters, 
but she was healthy, albeit shocked, when she was finally born. 
The doctor said she looked like a deer in the headlights. 
Well, she was under a spotlight or two. Duh


After she realized Brett and I are mostly normal and will
love her 
and cuddle her 
and feed her
and put adorable clothes on her
she calmed down. 


We are all still adjusting to this new normal, 
but Brett and I think she's pretty cute 
and cuddly
and fun
and everything a little girl should be. 
We are thankful. 

Thank you, Lord. 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Can't wait to continue to see that little girl grow into a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss this post before? I'm glad I found it. Yes, you'd be laughing at me again....

    ReplyDelete