I kept seeing "The 12" floating around FB and the blogosphere, but I was kind of ignoring it until Emily filled it out and sure enough I was tagged to go next.
So 12 random facts about me followed by some questions that you didn't know you wanted to ask me. Here goes. In no particular order. Except for #1.
- I remember when I first met Emily. She and Brad came to our house for a church group and when they arrived they buzzed into our apartment and announced themselves as "The Jensens". Ah! I looked at the first names of all the people coming, but didn't pay attention to the last names. How am I going to greet them?! In case you wondered, we all survived. And I remember she was wearing a blue cardigan with a fun headband had gorgeous curled brown hair and I thought "Ooo!" like when a little girl sees a pretty doll in a window. That was my first impression of this wonderful woman.
- When I was in high school I very seriously considered going to college for cosmetology. I even did an independent study on makeup. Which is funny now considering how very little I wear. I put on eyeshade for date night tonight and it was a big deal, folks.
- I would rather have a facial than a massage, pedicure, haircut... you name it. Facial is my preference. Haircuts are just stressful for me.
- I hate reading. I've learned to read the news on an app called Feedly. You can also use Flipboard, but Feedly more easily incorporates blogs I think. Anyway, I now read headlines of the news on my phone when I'm drying my hair (which takes ages). So that's a step in the right direction.
- I love to bake, but don't like making anything super complicated, overly pretty, or very fattening. So my repertoire is kind of limited. One time I was going to branch out and make creme brulee, but when I saw that almost all recipes had 50 grams of fat I backed out. Just can't do it. I believe sweets are for eating, not for decoration. So go ahead and skip the fancy cupcakes and hand me a delightful seven layer bar or cookie. If you ever want to share recipes among friends use Pepperplate. It's a free website/app where you can compile your recipes from various sites, scale to make half batches or double batches, and even figure out your grocery list. Check it out.
- I don't like bacon or watermelon. My weirdness has been solidified.
- I don't proofread, let alone draft, my blogs. That would be why my sentences occasionally don't make sense and I have plenty of typos. That's how I roll, folks. Emily and I are very much opposites in this way.
- I like to make the bed (or straighten sheets at a minimum) before climbing in bed. I've picky about that for as long as I can remember.
- One of these days I want to learn to sew and quilt. Who knows if I'll ever do anything about that.
- I lovelovelovelovelove to sing. But my voice is not nearly what it used to be since I haven't sung other than car/shower/lullabies/church in a long time. So now I get sheepish about it. I wish I still had the same skill, and confidence, I once had.
- I am addicted to water. Hold. Allow me to clarify. I'm addicted to drinking water. I don't swim well and I don't like saltwater at beaches. Whenever I leave the house I always bring a beverage with me and 95% of the time it is water. Occasionally I'll leave in a hurry and forget it, in which case I immediately panic like a claustrophobic seeking the nearest exit in a crowded room. Even if I'm going somewhere I know there will be water like church or the mall. I might die without it. Logically.
- I would rather have fish than meat or poultry almost every time. And I live in Kansas. So that's fun.
Whew. That was long. Part 2: Questions. Coming at you soon!
