I did! I just really wanted a gel manicure. It started on Sunday when two friends came over and they had just come from the nail salon. Their fun springy nails beckoned. But I said to myself, I said, "No, self! You just got a haircut and have been longing for moroccan oil. You can't spend monies on a manicure."
Well, that was Sunday. Then Monday came and I still wanted a mani. Then Tuesday came in all it's 75 degree showiness and demanded that I get out of the office to get one. I called ahead to make sure I'd have time. It'd be close on my my 65 minute break, but I could do it. And I'd even have time to swing by one of the McD's in town that historically has had Shamrock shakes.
But you know what happened? Traffic was terrible. There was a school bus blocking one lane on Main waiting for the students. And then you make it past the bus to find a car with a guy dropping off his gf for work, but not without a 10 minute make-out session first. Aw, so cute. Barf. This lane is also, for all essential purposes, closed. I make it past both of them to find massive truck after massive bus after massive truck. What in the world?! It's a Tuesday at 11:45! What da' prob'm is?!
So right before getting on the highway I bailed. I decided to give up on the nails and just get my smooth minty shake. But you know where you don't go on Tuesday at what is now noon? McD's on Main. Just don't do it. You'll never get out. 12:50 after your manicure you'll be fine. But straight up 12 noon? No siree-bob. Bad news bears. Don't even try.
You know what all the hub-ub is? The Big 12 tournament is arriving. All the junk and all the teams and all the fans. Now let it be known that I love my Jayhawks. And I love the tournament. But it ruined my perfectly-planned-pretty-pink sunshiney day. Ruuuuude!
Maybe tonight I'll paint my nails pink and make myself a homemade shamrock shake. In the mean time, I'm now back at my desk for my lunch. Hurumph.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like that you posted the adult version of the shamrock shake. :) Even better.
ReplyDelete