Don't judge me for what you are about to read.
This morning at work I got in the elevator. Now we all know where I work, but for the sake of internet ambiguity I'll just say that this building has a lot of people. This includes lots of people that have been in the business for a long time, lots of people who work here only seasonally, and almost no one that wears anything resembling business professional. It makes my job of getting dressed in the morning much easier. I could throw on a t-shirt that says "Tool", a pair of mom jeans and reeboks and no one would think twice about it. Well, they might think that odd on me because I try not to make a habit of wearing my Tool shirts to work, but generally speaking it would be perfectly acceptable. A coworker was rocking chucks the other day. One green. One orange. No big d.
Even with such a casual culture, there is one unspoken rule that everyone abides by: ladies enter the elevators first. It's has a holding-the-door-for-you kind of chivalry to it that no one questions. Well, there is one man that always breaks that rule, but I'm not kidding when I say he is the only one I can think of.
Well this morning, we added a second "gentleman" to that list. Now don't get me wrong, I don't care if I enter the elevator first, it's just an observation. He's breaking the rules. So he enters the elevator in front of me and I notice his laptop bag is a gorgeous leather. This is exactly what my bestie has wanted for a while and would love for his birthday. I'm about to ask him where he got it when he turns around and I see the tag on the front. Coach. Nevermind.
That's when I realize... this guy is not like the others in our building. His leather bag has to cost more than $500.Yes, I looked on the website. He has wavy, dark brown hair. He's got those thick rimmed glasses that are just slightly oversized. Super in right now, doncha know? He is wearing a JCrew shirt (just like the one I got hubs for Christmas last year). And has his hands in the pockets of his perfectly hemmed jeans like he's posing for a preppy magazine.
Poor guy. He won't last a week.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

First of all, I always love stories that begin with, "don't judge me"...
ReplyDeleteSecondly, he sounds like a person who meant to go shopping on the plaza and accidentally found himself in a work building.