Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Too much time on my hands

,
I love that song. I've loved it since I began singing along to Styx in the car with my parents when I was young. *You'll learn quickly that several of the loves in my life have to do with music.* However, I sing it mindlessly so I have no idea whether or not I should be ashamed of singing those lyrics time and time again.

So what do you do when you have too much time on your hands? During the last few winters I've experienced this and am beginning to notice patterns:

I DO:
  • Sing loud enough for the neighbors to hear.
  • Dance. Even in front of open windows. 
  • Bake. A lot. You'll learn that quickly.
  • Sometimes if I'm feeling really special I'll put on lipstick. Tonight I'm wearing "sugared maple".
  • Watch crap TV like What Not to Wear, Glee, and Friends. Crap is a strong word, but I'd never watch TV if I had other things to do.
  • Cuddle with my pupster
  • Miss my hubby.
I do NOT:
  • Clean. Unless absolutely necessary.
  • Do crafts (I've done some scrapbooking in my life and I want to learn to sew, but generally speaking, I'm not crafty. I wish I were...)
  • Make myself dinner. I eat whatever I have. Even if that means its pretzels, Nutella, hummus, carrots, and a cupcake for dinner. Make that two cupcakes...
  • Call people to catch up. Why? Because it never occurs to me. And that is selfish and grosses me out. 
  • Read books. Unless absolutely necessary. Or unless its HP :-)
 New development on how to spend this time:
  • Reading blogs. Please read about the Pioneer Woman and the Thrifty Decor Chick. They are wonderful and make me want to be their best friend. Who am I kidding, I want to be everyone's best friend. Which reminds me of a Friends episode I watched last night. ha. Season 8. Episode 20. Monica. ha.
Love you all. I'm off to do laundry. Add that to my list of things I do do.
Haha. One time I said that around my 22 year old cousin and she burst out laughing. Real mature. But still funny that she laughed so hard. :-)

0 comments to “Too much time on my hands”

Post a Comment