Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Biscotti= Ooo la la!

,
I love to eat eat eat, epples and baneenees...

Oh the songs that come into my head when I'm day dreaming of the wonderful baked goods and fruits that are at home calling my name :-)

Sometimes I love to bake.
Bah! Just joshin. I always love to bake, silly!
Last weekend
as in not this past weekend but the previous... I just can't bring myself to say two weekends ago cause its sound so long ago like I'm a slacker and I'm not. I'm not. I'll just keep telling myself that...
Well that weekend, Memorial day weekend, I baked biscotti. I was craving it. Which is dumb cause I don't really even drink coffee when it's warm out and it has been very warm, let me tell ya what!

Well I baked biscotti. And it was real good follks.
If you've never done it, do it. It's not too terribly hard but it gives your morning coffee a little Ooo-la-la!
Use this Almond Biscotti recipe from All Recipes.

If you wanna twist it up a bit, you can make a Chocolate Drizzle Snickerdoodle biscotti like I did by...
  • Adding some cinnamon (no, I don't measure so I don't know how much)
  • And drizzling with some melted chocolat (thats chocolate in French, peeps)
  • Dark or semi-sweet chocolate is wonderful, but don't use milk. It'd be too milky I think. And if you're going to add butter to the chocolate to thin it, don't use Blue Bonnet. It's not real butter and it doesn't help. It just makes the chocolate mad and defiant.
This is what they looked like pre-drizzle. Once the drizzle was on, I couldn't not eat them so I don't have any pics. Ooopsies!

Last night's baked good o' the week was Strawberry Banana bread. Deadly. Don't make it. I swear you'll regret it cause you'll eat the whole thing. I'll tell you more about that later though.

1 comments:

  1. strawberry banana bread you say? im intrigued...

    also... check this out!

    http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2o8isp/www.howsweeteats.com/2011/03/one-bowl-vanilla-cupcakes-for-two/

    ReplyDelete