On Friday night we had some friends over for dinner. I was cleaning before they came and hubs says to me "Don't worry too much. It's just the Klines."
Normally I don't use real names around here, but since it's their blog name I figured I'd go for it...
Anywho, this is really a great complement. Because isn't is true that we clean our house the least for our dearest friends? Who mops before their sister or brother comes over? No one. At least no one that I know.
Correction, my Texas friend would, but she's a neat freak so she doesn't count.
Correction, my Texas friend would, but she's a neat freak so she doesn't count.
Isn't it true though that we are riskier with our closest friends (and family) than we are with acquaintances? We don't try to look quite so put together. Because they knnooow we're sooo not.
Here's where I'm goin with this, kids...
This weekend hubs and I played in a charity softball tournament with the Klines and bunches of other dear friends.
It.
Was.
Terrible.
I don't play sports.
I don't play baseball.
I can't catch or throw a ball.
And I certainly can't hit it.
I was easily the worst one on the team. If it were 7th grade track they would have rotated me through all the positions and just made me team manager... just like they did in 7th grade.
But I played*
I'm using the term "played" loosely here, folks.
And I was really terrible.
And really embarrassed.
But I played.
And I rarely hit the ball. And I have bruises from playing catcher. And I never made it to third. And I certainly never made a run or an out. And I sweat.
(Yep, you read that correctly, this kid actually sweat. It's rare.)
But we don't clean up so much with friends. We just leave the junk on the table.
Good thing I like you people...
But for future reference
I will never.
Ever.
Again.
Swing a bat or throw a ball.
Hubs says I built character this weekend. And I did. So there's that.
So there's that. I guess I have that.
Movie trivia! Hint: Zach Braff.

I think I have a good idea who your neat freak Texas friend might be....
ReplyDelete