Wanna hear something un-interesting?
That's how I usually start my conversations with my friends at work. Too bad two of my four go-to people for story time bailed on me and moved on to other jobs and I never work with the other two anymore. LAME.
I've been working quite a bit more than usual. I'm actually working when I'm at work these days. What a concept, I know. And when I'm at home. And sometimes I go home to change and then go back to work. Well, just today, but still. Work is why I've been neglecting you, dear blog friends. Forgive me.
Anyway, this is how I start my conversations with my friends:
Wanna hear something un-interesting?
Fact #1
I drive a manual.
A standard.
A six-speed.
That's right folks. Six.
When my mom taught me to drive I was a little jerky about it. Not rude-jerky, although thats possible, but more like the herky-jerky kind. So my mom taught me to rest my foot on the ground and just press the pedal with the ball of my foot. I have driven with my heels on the ground for the last 2 years and 8 months. Which is how long I've had my car in case you didn't catch that.
You've loving this story, aren't you?
Fact #2
I went car shopping with my mom this weekend. I'm trying to convince her to buy a new car so I can buy her's. No luck so far.
Fact #3
I don't buy nice shoes. And I don't buy shoes often. I just wear them out and then they look sad. Especially the bunion part and the heel part.
Don't worry, I polish them. Once a quarter or so.
That's once every 4 months for all ya'lls who don't work in the corprat uhmericah.
Well last Thursday I went and bought a pair of City Flats from the Gap (in pewter, not bronze).
I actually went back to get them cause I'd turned them down once already but they were cute and they were calling to me. I bought them. I already scuffed the toes. And I wore them when I went back to work tonight. I was driving home just now and I thought "I hope I don't ruin the heels of these like I do all my other shoes..."
LIGHT BULB!
It's the car! It's because I drive with my heels on the ground! I can't have nice shoes cause I drive a manual... and cause I have terrible feet.
I'm officially adding this to my list of reasons I need/want a new car. AND fun fact: I've been telling hubs for a while my favorite car color is pewter. The same color of my new shoes! Coincidence? I think not.
Maybe my stories are why they left me...
Monday, August 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Just so ya know, I almost bought these same exact shoes as well:) I should rephrase that....I have been coveting these shoes at Gap in the same exact color. Isn't it funny we married twins:)??
ReplyDeletei like your stories! and ive been checking your blog like ALL the time and you have been neglecting it and im happy you have a new post! speaking of neglecting blogs... :( boo
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei don't understand, you're not supposed to drive w/ your heels on the ground? or your just not supposed to do that if you have a manual? i mean, i drive my automatic w/ my heels on the ground. is that wrong?
ReplyDelete