Monday, December 19, 2011

The cough. Dun dun duuuunnnn....

,
Let's rewind to New Years of 2010. Or 2009. Anyway it was 12/31/2009 and we had people over to our house for new years. I was coming down with a cold that night and didn't want to drink wine because I was afraid the alchy would just make it worse.

Fast forward three weeks. I was coughing up a storm and getting kicked out of work cause my neighbors found it disgusting. It was. The doctor told me to drink more water. She's bright.

Fast forward three more weeks and I'm half-dead. Different doctor likes to take my blood every other day and make me take serious meds. He makes me breathe into this crazy obnoxious machine and gives me an inhaler. I have no idea which way is up. But I sit in on conference calls from home so I can put the phone on mute and cough incessantly whenever necessary.

Short story? I'm slightly melodramatic. As you can see, I turned out just fine.

But I lost a lot of my voice through that terrible bronchitis. Very very very sad. I miss it. And there is no recording of my performances anywhere. Oh well. Might be better that I continue to enjoy what I thought I sounded like in my head :-)

Fast forward two years. Whenever I get a cough (read: I currently have a cough) I get nervous. And so does my bestie. I don't like that I constantly have to clear my throat or cough every 15 minutes. I don't like that cough drops don't help and that I'm out of herbal tea. I don't like that it is December and my Gingerbread Latte intake is being seriously threatened by my throat's negative reactions to milk. Rude.

That's all. No point to that story except that I do not enjoy my current cough. The end.

1 comments: