Wanna hear something dumb? I went to title my post "embarrassing" and saw that I already have a post titled "embarrassment."
Moving right along...
A few months ago Groupon sent me this lovely little opportunity: 6 boot camp sessions and 2 personal training sessions for only 40 buckaroos. Sign me up! I finished the boot camp sessions which were awesome and seriously really very hard and after dragging my feet finally signed up for the personal trainer sessions. I went the day before Thanksgiving. Also known as the day before our 5k. I never showed you pictures of that, did I? Oh. I'll get that to you later. Training session was also awesome. Kicked my patootie but in a friendly "I believe in you" kind of way. He also convinced me that signing up for my next session to be a 6am sounded like a good idea.
False.
I successfully made it out of bed at 5:30 and to the gym at 6:07.
You didn't expect me to be on time, did you?
I warm up and start on the first exercise. Or maybe the second. Whatever. I was dizzy and nauseous. Now we're all friends here so I know what you're thinking. I was thinking the same thing.
What's new, lady? You're slighty dizzy and nauseous? That's old news.
He is concerned that I might pass out. So I say to Mr. Wilson "I played for the Chiefs and I could dominate you" Thomas:
Oh no, no no. I wouldn't pass out. If anything I might lose my cookies. It's no big deal. Happens all the time. Just give me a minute.
He looks at me like I just dropped a bomb. His response is:
That's like going on a third date and mentioning in passing that you've got 15 kids! Why in the world didn't you tell me this before? We was gonna go get drinks, but now I'm just gonna pay for dinner and check out!
Hilarious. I say:
Sorry. Didn't occur to me.
He proceeds to insist that I drink orange juice or take a glucose tablet, I opted for the juice, and sit down for a bit. After every other set for the rest of the morning he tells me to sit down or drink more juice because I look pale.
He further proceeds to sing a song about how I should have payed more attention when we went over my meal plan.
I, on the other hand, proceed to get more and more embarrassed and frustrated. At this point I'm thinking:
A) I totally wasted my second free personal training session.
B) Got up at 5:30am for nada.
C) I feel like bleck.
D) Now I can't get Starbucks for a post-workout reward.
E) I should just eat better and this wouldn't happen.
F) Next time I go to the gym I should wear blush.
G) I want to go home and bake banana bread.
In other news, the trainer offered to do free group training sessions for me and 4 friends for 3 weeks if I can find 3 friends. Any takers?
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
