Monday, February 20, 2012

chicken curry in a hurry

,
When we were growing up my mom occasionally made Chicken Curry in a Hurry. My sister was not a fan of curry so we didn't have it often, but we had it. Always introduce funky flavors to your kids at a young age; it helps them/us acquire the taste later down the road. 

Then when we were sampling food for our wedding the restaurant made a warm chicken curry salad. It was surprisingly tasty. We had it for the big day. Well, I didn't eat it, but it was served. There was a small mishap with the food I was supposed to eat on my wedding day. Another story for another day.

Our neighbors love curry. They had us over once and made this super tasty green curry. At least I think it was green... Either way, it was tasty curry.

Slowly but surely I've been developing a taste for curry. So when I saw this recipe for Curried Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins on CookingLight.com I decided I needed to try it. Besides, hubs is MIA this week so I can use raisins in my food without being chastised. Not that he does that, but whatever.  



Last night, somewhere between 10:00 and10:30, I made it. 
This morning somewhere between 11:30 and 12:00 I ate it. 
Tasty. Healthly. Filling. Recommended. 

Note: This recipe only makes enough for 2 servings if you're eating it by its lonesome. 4 servings if you're putting it on a sandwich. This is just the right amount for a trial run. 

Coming Soon: DIY art project by yours truly. Hard to imagine, but true. 

1 comments:

  1. yum! that looks delicious! I too have developed a taste for curry...I think the mushrooms and warm apples in mom's "chicken curry in a hurry" ruined it for me for the first half of my life! haha I'll have to give this recipe a whirl though cuz it looks pretty tasty. Thanks for sharing, sis!

    ReplyDelete