Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Is this real life?

,
You know the David After the Dentist video? One of my all time favorites :-)

But seriously, what you are about to read is real life.

Yesterday I got a work email announcing a bake-off.
My thought logic:
FUN!
Wait, that's scary. Other people are way better than me. I'll pass.
Whatever. I don't bake to be awesome. I bake cause I'm a sugar-aholic.
So that means I need to bring something.
Well I can't just make my go-to Chocolate Cherry Heart Smarts. Lame. Need to do something more impressive.
No no no. I'm not trying to impress anyone, remember?


So today I'm telling a female friend at my client (women are hard to come by) about the stich-u-ation and the guy next to her chimes in...

"You know what you should definitely NOT bring? Those cupcakes you made last week! Did anyone actually eat one anyway?" *snide laugh*"

Kid. You. Not.

Is this real life? Why yes. It is.
Have I told you lately how much I love working with [pretty much] all men? Cause I do.
Maybe I should make him a chocolate pie. Minny Jackson style.

Oh and for the record, these are said terrible cupcakes. Admittedly could be way better, but also could be way worse.

0 comments to “Is this real life?”

Post a Comment