I have nothing to blog about.
Well, I could blog about my first grader's thank you cards. But no one loves them quite like I do.
And I could blog about our sweet game of pictionary. And how how difficult it is to draw a "ditch."
Or about our new favorite iPad game called Draw Something. It's addicting. Get it on your i-device.
Or I could blog about my orange roses are going crazy this year. Like nutso amounts of blooms. Loving that.
Maybe I could learn to take a photo of something. Or maybe I could post a picture of me posting this blog. I think I will.
I could also write about how people have a really hard time producing meaningful analytics because they are missing one critical component- the gut check.
If you know nothing about statistics, know this:
when you get an new number or metric you should always go a gut check.
Not to say that your gut is always right,
but its worthwhile to add a little human intelligence to the mix.
38% of our clients use payroll DD.
Only 1% of our clients used payroll DD as of 2 months ago. 38% is not correct.
Our client satisfaction increased 20%. Great improvement!
We gave away our main product. That isn't a legit increase in client satisfaction. People are more tolerant of bad service when they aren't paying for it. When was the last time you complained to a manager about waiting in line at Jimmy John's on $1 sub day? You just don't do it.
But I won't write about analytics because that would be boring :-)
I could write about how our neighbor's little girl learned to say my name and it makes me happy. Or about how she got a swing-set and looooves to swing. She ate dinner in her swing the other night because she didn't want to get out. So funny.
I could write about how Mack dug up my Creeping Jenny. We're back to a mud-pit again. I let him have a friend over and he abused his privilege. Rude.
Or about how I went to get coffee this morning and my favorite baristas weren't there and the new kids got my fetchel treat wrong.
But since I don't have anything to write about I'll just say happy tuesday everyone.


I love that you use the phrase "fetchel treat." I happened to be at Redeemer once when Kevin used that phrase. "Fetchel treats" often makes it onto the grocery list in the Jones house.
ReplyDeleteLOVE Draw Something. My username is alyssajones if you want to play. :)