Friday, April 27, 2012

Resolutions for May

,
Two lies and a truth:
  1. I am athletic
  2. And I love to run. 
  3. Therefore I signed up for two 5ks on back-to-back weekends. 
I bet you'll never guess which one of those statements is true. 

Background: I have horrible feet. We're talking I had to have surgery on my left foot when I was 17. I was supposed to do my right foot after that, but decided it wasn't worth it. So naturally running comes easily to me. False again. But I do force myself to run [very short distances] on a semi-regular basis. I was doing the math in my head a few months ago and realized I've had the same running shoes since 2005. That was just a couple years ago. No big deal. So I bought myself some new ones. Which makes running slightly more comfortable, but not significantly. But this Wednesday hubster and I went for a run at like 10pm (which is totally normal, right?) and went for about 35 minutes. I thought I was going to die, but I didn't. So that's good. Maybe that means I won't die in this weekend's race. Maybe.

In other news, I've been doing this weights class at the gym. I like the class a lot, but our gym is rediculous in some ways, including the fact that they arbitrarily decide that AC is overrated sometimes. Now I'm the first one to turn off the AC at home as long as the house stays between 65- 82 (yes, we are very tolerant of these swings) but when I'm working my tail off doing squats with enormous amounts of weight (bahaha) I don't appreciate the lack of AC. So I've actually had to decrease the weight I lift to keep myself from falling over, passing out, or both. Dumb gym. I should boycott. 

Last night when I got home from work our neighbors were grilling out. They invited me over for hamburgers. And I thought to myself that I want to just hang out in my backyard and eat burgers and have a chill evening. But nooo. Self control got the best of me. I had to turn them down to go to my weights class. Let's just call it Body Pump Lite, mkay? 

GET TO THE POINT, LADY!

Yeah yeah yeah. Quit yelling at me. 

So this morning I'm getting ready for work and go to put on a pencil skirt and it doesn't fit. Not too tight because of the enormity of my quad muscles either. It didn't fit round the ole' hip bumpers. Maybe my hip muscles are growing. Let's be real... Probs not. So rude. 

Resolutions for May:
  • Bake more
  • Work out less
  • Eat more burgers
  • Throw away all dumb pencil skirts that hate me
  • Wear sweat pants to work

0 comments to “Resolutions for May”

Post a Comment