My body on the other hand. Well it is highly rebelious.
Highly is the wrong adjective there. I should say "very" but "highly" what my father would say so I'll just honor him by using it.
Oookkay folks I just had one of those moments where you ask yourself a question and then go in circles trying to answer it yourself. And then you ask a friend instead but you can't hear her cause you're still talking to yourself. The conversation started with me asking if "very" in the phrase "very rebelious" was an adjective or an adverb. It went on for a few minutes and then ended like this:
Crazy lady:see the trouble comes in that i originally typed "highly rebelious" and anything that ends in an "ly" is usually an adverb, but it seemed more like an adverb that was used incorrectly in place of and adjective and then by brain just went off the deep end
Coworker:luckily we don't have to identify our adverbs when we write or say them. Well, you apparently do in your head, but the rest of us out there don't care too much
Oh you don't care about my problem with grammar?
Well FINE then! I'll get back to my original point.
The point is: on Monday, and Thursday, and Friday, and Wednesday, and on Tuesday... this Tuesday in particular, my body doesn't like to. I think I have some wires crossed somewheres. Cause if I sit too long- on a couch or in a movie theatre or at a desk or in a yoga pose- I yawn an incessant amount, get a headache, think too much or too little, cry, get angry... and those things are not Mutually Exclusive and Collectively Exhaustive folks! It gets scary!
Which is really silly cause I don't mind sitting all that much. Except my body does. It's such a rebel.
I'm so glad you understand me :-)

hahahahahahahahahahah
ReplyDeleteyou're funny. also, "very," or "highly" in this case, is an adverb as an adverb is any word that modifies a word other than a noun. Rebellious is an adjective. "Highly" modifies "rebellious" and so is an adverb. There you go :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adverb
ReplyDelete