What is it about words that just getcha? I could be having a perfectly fine day, aside from the fact that I didn't wash my hair this morning my outfit is awful, and then someone says something mean, grouchy, a little off, rude, insensitive, whatever and then it's just all gone. Why is that?
See I had to call the chief compliance officer at a company to get his approval for a sign my client is putting up. He starts the call all cheery..."Hi, how are you? Happy new year!" Insert blah-blah-blah happy talk. Then he joyfully pounces on me for using a word in our marketing that we aren't allowed to use (even though his company was the one that wrote it) and says that he doesn't care what our legal team says because it's his decision and our "opinion is irrelevant".
Let's evaluate this for a second.
I didn't write it.
It's not my decision.
I'm just the messenger.
But I still am very distracted and can't work and instead am forced to blog about how the man is never nice. He's honestly like this all the time. But why do I care?
Oh yeah. Galatians 1 comes to mind. Its because I still like the approval of men. Not men, men. But people, men.
God approves of me, thanks to Jesus.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
