Friday, May 4, 2012

i love to run

,
You know that moment when you go look at the map for the run tomorrow morning that you're mentally ignoring cause you don't wanna do it cause you thought you were signing up for a large group thing but actually you were signing up for an every-man-for-himself race representing your company and you finally find a girl to run with and she breaks her foot that very night and you find out the race starts at 7am on a Saturday and you're seriously dreading it and wishing you could just go home and eat your scones?

When that happens to you, try out a fun tool called Map My Run. Its very handy and will tell you how far you ran, and when you crossed the mile-markers and your pace and all that fun stuff. This is the map for tomorrow:


You know what else it tells you? Elevation. Check this out...

You see that little hill in the middle that is a miiilllleee long? And that nice little one at the end? Yeah I got that under control. No big deal.

You wanna know the cherry on top? Weather.com is predicting 87% humidity at 7am tomorrow morning. I was joking yesterday when I said the humidity was 90%. I didn't know it could actually get that high...

Hubs is running tomorrow morning too, but his race starts an hour and 15 minutes after mine. He said he'd happily cheer me on while sleeping in the car.

Can we get some comments up in the house telling the punk that he best be on those sidelines?

I do get participation points for this, right... right...? Sigh...

PS- Dear Punk, I'll love you either way I guess. 

2 comments: