Monday, May 7, 2012

life in the fast lane

,
We're in our mid-twenties. Therefore we move fast. Actually, I have always moved fast. I try to fit as many things into my day as possible which is why I'm always 5 minutes late everywhere I go. But that's another story for another day.

We are just busy busy people. And we love it.

Here's a few days in the life*:
Warning: this is long and it is not fancy. It is very matter-of-fact. A true play-by-play. 

  • Thursday night got off work at 6:30 after emotionally hyper-ventilating cause work was nuts. Changed and mowed the lawn. Friends came over at 8 for hot dogs. They left at 10. 
  • Friday worked until 3:30 then bailed early to go pick up some last minute birthday/ mother's day/ wedding gifts. By 4:30 I was at the park picking up a packet for a race on Saturday morning. By 5:30 we were at the neighbors helping them move a couch. By 6:30 we were on the plaza in Royals attire picking up my in-laws for a birthday/ mother's day celebration. At 11:00 we arrived back at home in time to put some laundry in the dryer before bed that had been there since 6:20. Be sure to step over the massive amount of water gathering at the base of the stairs and soaking the carpet. Deal with that later. 
  • Saturday morning at 6:15 we're out the door for a race. You know, the "is that really possible?" race. I ran (and walked). Bestie ran. We were alive and out of the park by 9:00. Home, shower, bestie back to the Plaza to meet his parentals and I to a wedding brunch then to get our nails done. I finished at 1:45 and was to the baseball field by 2:15 where I produced a fair amount of glisten while watching the kids bust out another win. At 3:15 I was back in the car heading home. Don't shower before the rehearsal dinner. Just spritz with perfume (I'll get complemented on this later). Pick up the house a bit, try to kill as many ants as possible, catch up on some blogs, then start doing hair and makeup at 4:15 to be out the door for a 5:00 rehearsal dinner. By 8:30 we're on the road again. This time we're off to see my fam. The night is young, doncha know?! At 11:00- give or take 20 minutes- we crash. 
  • Sunday morning at 7:45 alarm goes off. Hit the showers and dry the lions mane before heading to a dear friend's wedding day preparations. More on the wedding later. Hubs is heading to church then to brunch with friends before he joins me for the ceremony at 2:30. I leave the wedding at 6:30, stop at the store to pickup snacks, arrive home at 7:10. Hub was able to leave the wedding early to come home and clean because friends are coming over at 7:15. We sit and talk about what it means to be in the kingdom of God. More on that later. They all leave by 9:45. We have just enough time to pick up, load the dishwasher, watch an episode of Parks and Rec, and crash. 
  • Today I left work at 6pm which is pretty standard. Good thing dinner is in the crock pot because by the time we get home, feed the pup, eat, clean up, and fold some laundry its time to head out to grab coffee with a friend at 7:30. By the time you leave the coffee shop Sam's Club is closed and you don't have a chance to get toilet paper or creamer so you just head home thinking about how I need to pick up creamer (and a coffee for 7 people by 7:30am) to be ready for an 8-hour meeting that starts at 8am. Don't think about it. When I get home at 9:20 hubs is working in our home office and I'm left wishing I had time to go for a run and staring at the laundry and the dust on the furniture and the piles on the counter and I just don't wanna...
So I blog. And I tell you how I feel.

And in two days a man will arrive at our house and he will give us an estimate of how much it would cost to have pros come clean for us once a month. To give us a little bit of life back. Is this lazy of us? Maybe. It is needed? I don't know. You see that big long story a lead in to what I will write tomorrow about my feelings on this concept of hiring a cleaning company. It will be shorter. I promise :-) See you then!

2 comments: