Today I told a co-worker of mine that we got a double-wide this weekend.
His response: "a trailer?"
My response: a really dude? glare
Classic. But no. A driveway. And she's a beaut I tell ya.
Our old driveway was nothing to write home about. Not in complete shambles, but not large by any means. And we are- what some might call- people, people. It is rare that it's just the two of us home on any given night or weekend. And since you can't park on the street in front of our house, our dear guests have to park a block away. That's kind of an exaggeration, friends, how else would you describe it? Anyway. Even my roomie's dad at some point offered us money to get a second driveway just so he would know he'd have a place to park when they come in town. HA! This single drive thing has other implications as well such as the "I'm taking whichever car is in the back when I need to bolt out the door in the morning because I'm 57 minutes late" factor which often results in work papers, purses, etc. going to work with the wrong person.
Cut to the chase, Sam. Cut-to-the-chase!
Out with the old
And in with the new
My neighbor came outside to take pics of the boys and I helping my dad to pour (we weren't much help) but as soon as I get those pics I'll post them.
While we're on the topic, let's have a little lesson. This is called concrete. Not cement. Cement is the stuff that you add to rock to make concrete. These words are not interchangeable, contrary to popular belief. Look, you learned something today! *Cheesy grin*
Next weekend's project is dealing with the aftermath- the back-filling. And planting. Soooo excited for gardening. The problem with gardens is that they require patience. Except for the ones on KU's campus where they just plant things and then go through and dig them all up when they stop blooming three weeks later and plant something different instead. Those people... pshaw!
Tomorrow's post will be on grass. And fences. You catchin what I'm driftin?


new driveway!!! Im so excited! I was meaning to call you today and ask if that happened yet. When can i come park on it???? Only we would be so excited about concrete. haha!
ReplyDelete