I used to really like to work out. Mostly because I have historically been decent at lifting weight. For those of us that don't have the lung capacity to run or the atheticism to play sports- You think I'm joking? Cause I'm not- we lift weights to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. Okay, I'll stop speaking for everyone else now. It's really just me. Anyway, this probably started in my cheerleading years when I was the strongest one on the squad so I was a base. Okay maybe it was that I was too.. ehem... tall, yes tall is the word, to be a flyer. Okay moving on...
The hubs and his brother and sister-in-law are running in the Trolley Run this weekend and since I haven't been running all winter I decided I didn't want to submit myself to the humiliation of finishing the 4 mile race in the 50 or so minutes that it would take me. So to boost my self esteem and to begin getting back in shape I went to this class called Body Pump at the gym. Long story short- oww.
They ran out of small weights so I was using what felt like 40, 50, maybe 60 pounds to do everything from squats to tricep presses. Yes. I used the same weight for every exercise. Thats how few weights there were left. And it was terrible.
Today is day 3 of the aftermath. And my the inside of my thighs hurt when I walk. Not like the rubbing together kind, but the I had no idea those muscles could hurt this bad kind. The kind where you have to put your hands on your chair arms and lower yourself down slowly. Yeah. I'm feelin it.
Which I guess is good since I won't be getting exercise working in the garden this weekend thanks to the rain. My flower planting will most likely have to wait. Womp womp.
It's a rainy day its a rainy day. It's raining outside and I can't go out to play. Why do we need the rain anyway?
Friday, April 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
