Tuesday, April 26, 2011

stubborn little dishwasher

,
Technology is really great when it works. And really terrible when it doesn't.

You don't know what you have until you don't have it anymore.

These thoughts come to mind when I think about this:
Ya know what that is? It's a stubborn dishwasher, thats what.
Ya know why? Cause that picture was taken after I ran the sucker. Twice.
The soap doesn't dispense. It just gets hard and ends up in one big clump.
Yeah. She's broken. Again. And I'm mad at her. Again.

My dear happy blonde friend doesn't have a dishwasher in her apartment.
Which might not be a big deal to a man that eats frozen dinners and ramen.
But this girl is a cook. And a baker. And an entertainer.
Yeah. She washes it all by hand in her minature kitchen.
And I admire her deeply.
Especially in moments like this.

I'm not even going to show you a picture of the pile of dishes in my kitchen.
I just can't bring myself to do it.
We're just not at that stage of our relationship yet, okay?


Possible solutions to my problem in order of preference:
  1. Kick it til it gets its butt in gear.
  2. Turn up our water heater. I'm not convinced the water is getting hot enough. Something is wrong with our hot water throughout the entire house though. I've been trying to ignore that fact for over a year now.
  3. Go all Macgyver on the stinker and take the sucker apart to see what is blocking the water flow.
  4. Call a pro. Thats a last resort. I've had to have those people out like 3 times already and they're expensive.
Wish me luck. I'm goin in...

1 comments:

  1. good luck! what happens if you put the soap in and just dont close the little soap door? doesnt it just fall in and mix up and work that way?

    ReplyDelete