Friday, April 1, 2011

I need to stop now

,
Tonight the roomie is at a happy hour and I'm just fiddle-fartin-around (I got that phrase from my manager and now I use it a lot) so I went to Lowes even though I prefer Home Depot and got some paint chips because lately I've been inspired to repaint our kitchen and our bathroom. Some things you should know about me, our house, and paint:
  • I want to paint everything yellow. Everything.
  • Our entire house is beige- blah- with two exceptions:
    • A guest room that went from beige to a light yellow and took four coats. Four. Four! Yes, I'm still recovering.
    • An office that I painted this terrible dinner mint green, regretted immediately, told myself I'd live with it for a while which I did for about six months before I had to fix it. I went and got a safe cream color and guess what? It matches our trim exactly. I left it and gave up. 
  • I'm terrible at painting so my hubby wants to hire out every job. I even spray painted our storm door and there are paint marks on the middle of the glass. How do you do that? I'm terrible. That's how.
Back to the paint chips. I put them up on the wall in the kitchen...

Maybe, just maybe, I should lay off the whole pretending to be decorative until after spring. What do you think? I'm pretty sure I have every possible shade of pastel on this wall. *Sigh*
I just need to stop now. 

Contentment is good.

"Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content." 
1 Timothy 6:6-8

3 comments:

  1. blue is bad for a kitchen even though i like the way it looks best against your dark cabinets. it is said to calm and doesnt make you hungry. you'd have to change your curtains but actually the more i think about it the more i like it. go for it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to go with the green or white-ish color. I think it needs to be a bright color, so you are moving in the right directon! It will make your kitchen look bigger. It's hard to pair color with all that beige. PS- A flat razor blade will easily remove the paint on the glass of the storm door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did most of the door and then it got up on the hinges and I see bits of it more and more and its realllly annoying. Something that would definitely bother you too, but you'd probably be more proactive about it than I am.

    ReplyDelete