Monday, March 7, 2011

admitting defeat is a beautiful thing

,
On my honor
I will try
To serve God
And my country
To help people at all times
And to live by the Girl Scout Law
And to never again wash my floors more than once a week unless absoutely necessary.




Oh yes, I did.

Last night after watching Enchanted after going to dinner after going to church with my sister and her bf after going for a really cold jog, I decided- at 10:00- to scrub the wood floors. I'm what you might call a woman on a mission. I got down on all fours with my Bona Wood Floor Cleaner and a few towels and went to work on a 3' x 3' square. I scrubbed and scrubbed that same little square for a full 30 minutes and guess what? Still smudges. It was better, sure, but I refuse to ever care that much about floors. Therefore, I pledge to never be a freak about the floors again. I'm not even remotely a clean freak, so why has this little tiddly-bit been bothering me so? No reason. Therefore, I admit defeat and move on!

Which takes me to my next point: Enchanted is wonderful. Girls, boys, people of all ages, watch this movie! You will laugh and dance in your seat and you will love it like my roomie and I do.
Giselle: Why are you staring at me?
Robert: I don't know. It's just that... it's like you escaped from a Hallmark card or something.
Giselle: Is that a bad thing?


So good :-)

1 comments:

  1. haha it is a good one...love any movie with a musical dance break in central park in the middle!

    ReplyDelete