Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm a country girl. Who knew?

,
New York. It was nice meeting you, but I think it's best that we part ways.

Times Square to me is like a super-sized meal from McDonalds. It clogs the heart and shortens the lifespan.

This trip has been very hard for me. It has consisted of a lot of anxiety and frustration . I don't deal well with crowds. And the streets here are permanently crowded. It's like Crush and Squirt say in Finding Nemo- you've got to ride the wave. When you get off you get off, but you can't slow down or stop to look around along the way. And being in a group of seven, even if it is family, just makes it all the worse. Don't get me wrong, I love my inlaws, but when I can't breathe very well it severely limits conversation so it changes the whole dynamic.

Brett and I agreed that our favorites parts so far have been the upper west side, the lower west side, the lower east side, and central park. In other words, everything but the middle (Times Square, Rockafeller Plaza, Grand Central Station, etc.) At least KU has won both of their games since we've been here. And at least the rain today has kept a lot of people inside :-)

I'll post more details once I'm home and have regained my footing.

1 comments:

  1. hey no new blog from you yet... are you home? glad to be home? missing your sister sooooo much?? hehe

    ReplyDelete