Some of the ways it said "welcome home" were very sweet. Like the fact that all the trees are starting to bud and the grass is greener than before and my daffodils are in bloom and I have access to my own food. Other ways were not so sweet. For example, the piles of running-out-the-door stuff, and the dust bunnies, and the mucky bathroom, and the dishes, and the laundry. Yes, my laundry said "welcome home" in a very grouchy, sarcastic sort of way.
In the beginning was the laundry.
And the laundry was on my bed.
And the laundry was my bed.
You see yesterday we got home at about 2:30am, found Mackster with a red and swollen eye, slept for about 5 hours, went to work, left work to take Mackapoo to the vet he will live now, went back to work, went to a "beauty appointment" (one of the terribly painful ones that shouldn't count as a beauty appt), went to the grocery store to stock up since we'd been living on popcorn and cereal, and came home and crashed real early. Tonight it was back to the grind! I prepared myself by listening to "Happy Little Working Song" from Enchanted at least 4 times today. It certainly helped :-)
In order (post work of course):
- Homemade pizza and salad. I cheated by using pre-made dough though
- Dishes.
- Vacuum. Everything. Possible. Even move the bed to get under it.
- Clean window sills. Yes. I really did that. Proud?
- Started to tackle baseboards and thought better of it.
- Dust mop.
- Mop.
- Hubby comes up from the man cave where he has been hanging out with his pal enjoying March Madness and says "ah! Just looking at the floors gives me heartburn!" The fact that I had the ability to laugh at this comment and not immediately drop to my knees scrubbing is quite the accomplishment if I do say so myself.
- Clean all kitchen appliances
- Scrub bathroom. Notice mold growing where our sink is evidently leaking. Shrug it off for today.
- Dust everything in sight.
- Trip to Target.
- Baked a batch of peanut butter blossoms.
- Folded the massive pile of 5 loads of laundry that had accumulated throughout the night including all bedding.
*Sigh* So I just ended my night with a handful of peanut butter blossoms Wait, did I say handful? I meant serving. Yes, definitely just one serving and sipping a little bit of Bota out of plastic cup.
And to top off my night my convo with my roomie goes as follows:
"What detergent did you use? It smells like we were at the pool all day."
"That's because I used bleach."
"Why?"
"To get the smells and bacteria and whatnot out."
"Who told you to do that?"
*Smile*
Yes, welcome home indeed :-)


i really like the convo w/ you roomie!
ReplyDelete