Long story short:
- Flipped through the pages several times enjoying the book.
- Cringed a little as I cut out seven pictures
- Found seven wooden 8x10 frames at Target for $4 each -HOLLER! They don't even have them online, thats how much of a bargain they were.
- Went to Hobby Lobby to get mats but they were $2 each and I thought that was a little expensive for white cardboard so I drove like 5 miles to Michaels where I found them for... are you ready for this?... $2.49 each. Hobby Lobby was closed so I just bought six of them. Yes, six. All that driving must have impaired my brain cause I completely forgot how many frames I had. Whatevs. I'm not going to calculate how much I lost on that little escapade, but I'm going to pretend like it was less than the cost of my hazelnut latte yesterday.
- It snowed.
- KU lost. Oohh the pain of it all...
- I went to work on craft-therapy matting, framing, and hanging. I even used a level folks. A LEVEL WITH A BUBBLE to make sure all seven :-) pictures were perfectly straight. The pretty little crocuses, mums, roses, gardenias, peonies, etc were all smiling at me!
- Then hubster comes upstairs...
So the question to you my, dear friends, is how do I make my six little lovelies not so straight?
I would cluster them, but our room is too long. I would hang them on pretty little ribbons, but I'm not sure thats the right move. I would put a plant on one side of them to add a little somethin-somethin, but I kill plants. (Ironic? Indeed.)
As a bonus, can someone please find me some replacement pillows? I need something cheap that will be fantastic with my new photos.
AND THEN don't you love the "and then" in stories?
Last night, a great friend of mine stopped by.
Hubby- "It's pathetic that these are the kinds of problems we have: how to hang our pictures in an interesting way."
Friend- "You have to make the world's problems your problems"
Hubby and I- Humbled. That's why we call her "friend".
Okay maybe that wasn't exactly long story short, but I'm not very good at "short." Just deal with it, people.




My only suggestion would be to frame one or two that are a larger size and stagger them. That way, but I like the way they are too! Maybe a matching pillow will help you like them. Check out IKEA online and I can buy it and bring it to you in May. (Probably coming up for KU's graduation!)
ReplyDelete