Monday, March 14, 2011

floral is good. contentment is better.

,
I love floral things. So I'm so glad they are "in" this spring just like every other spring in history. These little pillows were calling my name at Nell Hill's yesterday. Armed with a green tea chai latte, a personal fave, and forging a drizzly day, I was in need for some lovely pillows.

Like these. 
Hello dainty yellow paisley. Do I love you? Why yes, I do.

But what I do not love are their price tags. These beauties each fell in the $100- 200 range. Yikes!

So of course, Pottery Barn read my mind and emailed me this morning telling me that their pillows were cheaper and there was free shipping for a limited time. So naturally, I drooled over these beauties...

And when the roomie was being a twerp earlier (not really, but I was just trying to make excuses) I told him that if he didn't behave I would buy four of these yellow lovelies and two fun blue guys, and a handful or so of the others so that all of our couches would look like this:
Perdy, idn' it?

And then I read more of my wonderfully cozy little book called Keeping House. I really would recommend it to you all. And tonight Marge (Margaret. But I'll call her Marge.) told me:

"Instead of nurturing dissatisfaction with the shortcomings of our present home, whatever we my perceive them to be, perhaps we can turn our energies toward receiving as gifts the homes we have and to creating in them enough order and tidiness to promote convenience and peace and hospitality."

0 comments to “floral is good. contentment is better.”

Post a Comment