Monday, April 25, 2011

what I did and did not do

,
Things that I did and did not do this weekend:

I DID decide to tackle the garden. The daffodils didn't bloom this year and I read that its cause they get overcrowded and you have to dig them up to separate them every five years or so. So I did. I dug up 3 of my 5.
  
Look at all those bulbs from just one plant! They certainly were overcrowded.
I did NOT pay attention to the fact that they are supposed to be dormant (aka. all leaves are dead) before you dig 'em up. Ooops... Bye bye daffodils! 

I DID get really irritated with the ground cloth/ weed protecting plastic that was throughout and ripped it all out with vigor. 
I did NOT clean up the mess I made. And then it rained on my mess. Ooops. 

I DID have a productive weekend with the hubster backfilling the driveway. 57 bags of soil and four trips to Lowes. It looks great. There are no "I did not" statements with this one. We worked hard and we DID it.

I DID spend my Sunday afternoon baking these cute little Easter basket cupcakes- idea courtesy of Bakerella as well as some robin's egg cupcakes. Good times. I did NOT eat a single one until after dinner. Proud aren't you? Hooowever, I did NOT touch the laundry or sweep the floor. Not even once. Ooops.

I DID enjoy deeply the sermon from church and then had a great dinner with the fam. I did NOT regret a moment of that.

I DID go to the dentist today and when he asked me if I drank soda I said "...no?..." I did NOT tell him about my sweet tooth and bad baking habits. Ooops.

And last but not least, I DID come up with some kinda terrible itchy thing all over me somethin' terrible! I did NOT get rid of it. HELP!

YOUR TURN: name one thing that you DID do and one thing that you did NOT do this weekend.

1 comments:

  1. I DID have a wonderful sunday evening with family.

    I DID NOT clean out my dresser or closet.

    I DID eat too many desserts on easter.

    I DID NOT lose any weight.

    I DID read my sister's awesome blog!

    I DID NOT write my own. boo.

    ReplyDelete