Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Alive and kickin

,
Boy I feel boring. I haven't posted in several days cause I haven't had anything to say! Well thats not entirely true. I really wanted to tell you about laundry. But I left my picture of it on my camera at home. Womp womp. Because laundry is really exciting and I know you would have loved it. I'll tell you about it when I get home.

And to be honest with you, what is a blog post without any pictures? Unless its a good story, its pretty lame. No offense people. Anywho, here's whats going on:

Friday night we went to see my sister-in-law's art show and ya know what? I was downright mean to everyone that night. I was coming down with a cold and was irritable and grouchy so I didn't enjoy it. To all the people in the wake of the storm of my attitude that night, please forgive me.

I spent 5 hours in the garden on Saturday. Lesson learned: Do not. I repeat, do not ever put down two layers of plastic in a garden to keep the weeds out. That's just plain cruel. It causes the whole garden and all the mulch to mold. Did you know mulch molds? It does. Then you have to dig it out. For 5 hours.

Sunday was crazy. Just lots of stuff to do to prep for Monday.

Monday was crazy too. I slept just under 5 hours (yes, thats good for curing a cold) and got up at 4:45am to get myself looking business appropriate and out the door in 15 minutes and on to the airport and to Raleigh. My mucus-inflated-head was about to explode on the going ups and my queasy-measley-stomach barely survived the coming downs. But, thanks be to God, I made it without bursting into tears or using the little white bag in the seatback. And here I am in Raleigh.

The project is going well so far. And we have had beautiful weather. But ya know what? I DO NOT EAT 3 MEALS A DAY! Aside from missing my roomie and dog like crazy, that is the worst part about travel for me. Did you know that some people only eat 3 times a day and they don't usually have chocolate at those meals? It's terrible. I'm a 5 meals, 4 servings of fruit, and 3 servings of chocolate kinda person.

But hey. I'm alive and kickin. How bout you?

3 comments:

  1. I was seriously getting worried about you! Glad you're ok and that you're safe in Raleigh. Sorry you're not feeling better :( call me tomorrow when you get some free time. I know you miss your sister too you just didn't want her to feel bad by mentioning her in this post... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...I like the new layout!

    ReplyDelete