Monday, May 16, 2011

Iowa Kansas Kentucky...

,
Ok so this post has nothing to do with Kentucky, nor does it have much to do with Kansas, but thats just how the song goes, okay?

I've missed you my dear blog. "I shall miss all of you. I shall miss the money I could have made with you!" Name that movie...

Well here's the rundown since I've been gone.
  • Thursday night Mother's day celebration on the patio with salad and wine. The blue cheese stuffed bacon wrapped figs would have been good too if we hadn't left them in the oven too long.
  • Friday morning- Saying goodbye to my pod-buddy at work. Very sad.
  • Friday afternoon- ROADTRIP
We went with some great friends to visit some other great friends in Ames, Iowa. We were pretty excited to see their new dig since they moved and bought in January, but mostly it was wonderful to see them. These are the kinds of friends where you dont have to force conversation, you don't have to be afraid to tell them you don't like bowling, and when you mess up and put together the "5 Minute [Ceiling] Fan" all wrong and it takes 3 hours and causes sore arms and necks and wounds your pride you can still laugh your way through the frustration. The kind of people that make you enjoy looking at geo-thermal tubes and not mind walking through cobwebs. The friends that don't laugh at you when you ask what a PHD is. The friends who do amazing impersonations of Alf and Stephen Hawking in charades. These are our friends. And we love them. Pictures to come soon!

We put the pedal to the metal last night and got back just in time for my baptism. I'll tell you about that soon. Then we had small group at another friends adorable new house, raced to get my back packed, and was off to the airport early this morning.

This is my life as a 24 year old.
I am 24, right?
It's crazy. But every day is a new day. And a gift. So cool.

"This is the day that the Lord has made.
Let us rejoice and be glad in it."- Ps 118:24

1 comments:

  1. Movie- The Sound of Music (spoken by Max, if I'm not mistaken)

    ReplyDelete